Andy Quach guilty

Westminster Councilman Andy Quach pleaded guilty to all charges today and was sentenced to 10 days Caltrans work, three years of informal probation, fines and fees totaling $2,000, and a 9-month alcohol awareness program.

Quach, 37, did not personally attend the arraignment, held at West Justice Center in Westminster. Instead, he submitted a notarized plea form, and his lawyer Bart Kasperowicz (same one as here; in the photo is Kasperowicz at the arraignment) appeared on his behalf.

Quach pleaded guilty to one misdemeanor count of driving under the influence of alcohol, one misdemeanor count of driving with a blood alcohol level over .08 percent, and a sentencing enhancement for having a blood alcohol level over .20 percent while driving.

Quach’s guilty plea ends his court case. The open questions surrounding his drunk driving are likely to remain unanswered for a long time.

At around midnight August 1, Quach was driving and swerving along McFadden Avenue when he clipped a car with 3 Vietnamese occupants in it, slammed a concrete wall, and crashed into a electric pole, knocking out power to 300 homes. These homes would stay without electricity until next day afternoon. Quach refused a breathalyzer, opting for a blood test instead. His blood alcohol level tested to 0.26 percent, more than three times the legal limit.

When first asked about his arrest, Andy Quach originally denied any drunkenness and told Viet Bao Daily News (read here): I was “sleepy, because I was working too hard,” he said at the time.

It then came to light that he had been eating and drinking at West Coast Seafood Buffet and had left there at 10:30pm. There were some rumors that he then went to Citryst to drink. However, when police came to Citryst asking for the security video, the owner Amanda Mydung Nguyen said that the camera was accidentally turned off at 10:30 that night.

Questions also arose as to whether another person was in the car with Quach. Specifically, rumors had it that Assemblyman Van Tran was in the car, but there has so far been no evidence of it. Tran said (here) that he had been home reading when Quach, all slurred speech and everything, called him for help, so Tran rushed to the scene.

This entry was posted in crime, political and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

220 Responses to Andy Quach guilty

However, be careful with confused sicko Nick Le Cong… he can burn you with his cigarette.

2. Big Mouth says:

Now, that’s the boy!
    Go have breakfast you must be exhausted.

No Big Mouth, you need to go brush your teeth now.

4. Too Hot ! ! ! says:

State Assemby member Rep. Michael D. Duvall caught on open micro phone bragging about sexual encounters with female lobbyists. Mr. Duvall is married with two fully grown children.

One lady, Heidi DeJong Barsuglia, works for the California Retailers Association and for Sempra Energy.

His 2008 campaign platform was traditional GOP family value and higher ethical integrity.

5. Anne Wa of Rosemead says:

ANDY QUACH SHOULD LEARN FROM THIS MAN, face it like a man!`!!!

RESIGN!!!

6. A_Q says:

No, don’t ask me to resign Anne Wa baby! Life of a councilman has been good for me, didn’t you see what kind of car I was driving? I don’t need to face it like a man, I’m a man . . . didn’t you see my booking picture ? And if you still have doubt just ask my Dizzy, or just call me & I’m sure I have way to prove it to you that I am a man. So call me?

7. Andie Q says:

Anne Wa

I’ll resign if you get into bed with Mike Duvall. You are such a tease. Ho ho ho! Or is it Whore whore whore!! That’s you Annie Wa Wa.

8. Dizzy N. says:

I’ll get into bed with Mike Duvall . . . . Heck, I’ll get into bed with anybody. Just tell me what am I going to get out of it . . .

Is Mike the same guy Andrew wanted to send a love letter to?

10. Anne Wa of Rosemead says:

Ditzy Dina Nguyen, WE KNOW YOU ARE A SLUT LONG BEFORE YOU EVER MESSES AROUND WITH THE LOSER ANDY QUACK. DITZY DINA, TRUONG TYLER DIEP AND ANDY QUACH, ENJOY IT WHILE IT LAST! IT WON’T BE LONG BEFORE YOU’LL BE OUT OF A PART TIME JOB AS COUNCIL AND FINDING A NEW JOB FOR CROOKS LIKE YOURSELF WON’T BE EASY!!!
    TYLER TRUONG DIEP, YOU CAN PROBABLY WORK AS A BOUNCER AT THE LOCAL CITRYST BAR OR MAYBE HOOK UP WITH ONE OF THE WORKING GIRLS THERE AND BE THEIR PIMP; PROTECT THEM FROM COPS!!!

11. Dizzy N. says:

Thank you, thank you very much Anne Wa! And remember to hold on tight to your man whenever I’m around. Married men just turn me on for some reasons!

Andrew gone mad with one love letter to Mike? He carries around more sweet honey in is waist line. Go for it Andrew the sandwich lover!

13. Melissa says:

Jung Kim said;

‘Mellissa, as a Viet community members ………….all of us are that “PR person” for our proud Assemblyman Van Tran.

When I visited Sacramento, all the elected officials at capitol asked me about Assemblyman Van Tran with great respect…. it made my day!’

Please, could anyone here tell me if it is bad taste or what? If I am Van Tran, I would stay away from this self proclaimed ‘PR person’ Giun Kim. His terrible, elementary level sale pitch is too much to bare, it just bring negative, reversed effect to people mind.
    But again, the honorable assembly Van Tran may not see it as such. It may be sweet music to his ears….In that case…(sigh)…Where is our viet community heading to?

Melissa the drag queen, we knew from your birth you had a problem with your body…being frustrated 24/7.

Go get a surgery and become a female dog idiot…the only way to get pregnant by another stray dog!

Andrew is also frustrated with his life under the shadow of a my sweet lady.

16. Melissa says:

Psychiatric doctor said:

….and…unhealthy obsession with blogging to express undying love to public male figures, selected city officials, and quick to show anger through condemnation statements to those who speak against his idols….

Yes, I agree with you 100% doctor. With a friend like Jung Kim. the trio (Andy Quach, Tyler Diep, Van Tran) need no enemy.

17. Bo May says:

Somebody, please check JK into the nearest hospital before he goes postal on us all.

Ha Ha Ha! Melissa the drag queen ….you are the one who has real identity problem! Look at the mirror!

Bo May, Joe Daddy …welcome!

20. jose s. says:

new in town, no we dont. so piss off.