Help find this Viet teen

Have you seen Jason Vu? The 14-year-old South Phillie Viet teenager (pictured) was last seen on Christmas Eve.

His family is offering a $10,000 reward for information to find him, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer here.

The family is concerned he may have gone off with someone he met on the Internet, and they are making an impassioned plea for information about him, reports KYW 106 Radio here.

Vu’s mother Kim Le says her only hope is that he is with someone who won’t harm him and that he’ll hear her plea:

“If you’re out there and you hear mommy say something, Jason, please come home, Jason, I love you a lot, Jason, please let me know where you are. I’m so worried about you a lot every day.”

His 4-year-old sister was the last to see him. He put her in her room about 8 a.m. Dec. 24, said “Bye,” and shut the door.

Vu left his house at 23rd and Wolf Streets that morning without his cell phone, wallet, or prescription glasses, said his aunt, Michelle Nguyen. He has not been heard from since.

Nguyen said her nephew was quiet and reserved, and had never run away from home. An “A” student at St. Thomas Aquinas School, Vu was looking forward to opening presents on Christmas morning, she said.

“This is not like him at all. He doesn’t know his way around the city,” Nguyen said. “It’s very unlikely that he went away on his own.”

Vu is 5’4″ and was wearing black shorts and a black hooded jacket when he disappeared. He has black hair, brown eyes, and weighs about 140 pounds.

Anyone with information is being asked to call the Citizens Crime Commission’s anonymous tip line at 215-546-8477, South Detectives at 215-686-3013, or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 800-843-5678.

This entry was posted in missing person and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Help find this Viet teen

1. T Vu says:

Come home Jason – your family misses you…

2. GOSSIPSAIGON says:

I hope this kid didn’t get seduced by a chick from Nam….

We pray for safe return of kid Jason. I hope this is just a growing process for the whole family.

Jason, your family want you back home again. Make right decision.

4. Melissa says:

As a mother with a 14 yr.old son who is very much similar in personality, looks and academic achievements as Jason, this story hits straight to my heart. I hope you are doing fine, Jason, and please come home. I’m sure your Mom is sick with worry just as I would be.

Melissa is right. If you are reading this post.. Jason. all and everything has been already forgiven by your family members.

Just go back home with a smile. You are most needed at home.

6. Bo May says:

May be he did not run away.
    Don’t assume he is a runaway.
    Making a wild guess solely based on one’s own experience is not cool.
    It does give people a history to one’s past.
    Psychologically speaking…….LOL

7. Melissa says:

I don’t understand what it means “psychologically speaking” and “making a wild guess solely based on one’s own experience is not cool”. Eventhough I’m of no relation to Jason, I spoke from my heart as a mother who loves her children very much and that love transfers to Jason as well.

If I have to choose between the two evils (running away vs. being abducted) I sincerely hope that Jason did run away and did NOT meet foul play. At least with running away, it was his choice and therefore, it will be his choice to come back.

For me, if my son runs away, I would at least have a chance to plead for him to forgive me and come back. My worse nightmare is if someone has abducted him. Because then, the choice of coming back home is not my son’s but rather of that sinister person who has him.

Jason, I pray for your safe return.

8. Bo May says:

Melissa; I agree with you 100%. I wish it was a simple run away.
    I feel for you as a mother who has a child with Jason’s age. Please forgive if I offended you.
    I only want say that to Jung Kim; he may be the runaway himself.

9. Melissa says:

Thank you, Bo!

Jason, we all love you!

10. Excellent! If I could write like this I would be well chuffed. The more I read articles of such quality as this (which is rare), the more I think there might be a future for the Web. Keep it up, as it were.